The historic winter homes, acres of botanic gardens, museum, laboratory, Garden Shoppe (Garden Center) and Museum Store are open from 9 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. daily. The last ticket is sold at 4:30p.m. There is no charge for parking and we have parking for buses and recreational vehicles.
Please note: Due to Hurricane Ian-related repairs, access to the pool complex may be limited. The entrance from our property to Pinchers Restaurant is temporarily closed.
Health and Safety
The well-being of our visitors and staff is our top priority. Following federal and state guidelines:
- Bathrooms and touch surfaces are receiving enhanced cleanings
- Measures to allow social distancing have been implemented
- Occupancy has been limited and traffic patterns altered in certain areas
- We encourage all visitors to purchase tickets online for self-guided tours (guided tours must be purchased in the museum store ticket office). Visitors with reciprocal membership benefits must show membership card from participating organization at ticket desk for self-guided admission
- We encourage all visitors to follow all current C.D.C. guidance
Visitors can enjoy engaging and informative audio narration by accessing a free web-based tour, downloading our free app, or calling a special phone number while touring the site. Ample signage is also located throughout the property. Click here to get started.
- Open 363 days a year, closed Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
- Guided tours are in English; self-guided tours are available in English, German, Spanish and French via the Edison Ford app.
- We recommend planning for at least 90 minutes to see the site.
- Trained service animals are welcome on site! All other animals, including comfort and support animals, are not permitted.
- Wheelchairs are available at no cost, on a first-come, first-served basis.
- ADA accessible with parking located at Edison Ford entrance.
- Visitor parking is always free. Spaces are available for RVs and buses.
- Access to the public Garden Shoppe (Garden Center) and Museum Store areas is always free.
- Military veterans receive $2 off (limit two tickets), and a 10% discount on items in the Museum Store year-round.
- Site maps are available in English, German, French, Spanish and Chinese.
- To preserve our historic site, smoking and vaping are not permitted.
- To encourage families of all backgrounds to visit museums, Edison Ford is partnering with Museums for All to ensure everyone has the ability to visit museums and botanical gardens and build lifelong museum habits. Anyone receiving food assistance (SNAP Benefits) can present their EBT card at the ticket counter for general admission, which includes a self-guided tour of the site (for up to 4 people). Does not include special events, guided tours, or Holiday Nights.
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
Photography for personal use is encouraged everywhere on site except where explicitly noted. Please note:
- Photos and videos taken on site may not be used for commercial purposes.
- Drones may not be used on site and aerial photography is not permitted.
- Tripods may be used but must not impede visitor flow—they may not be set up on walkways, inside of buildings, or on the porches of historic structures.
- Video or audio recording of tours or presentations are not permitted.
- Any of the following constitutes a photo session, which must be booked in advance: the use of a paid professional photographer, the use of any photography equipment other than a camera and tripod, changes of clothing or props of any type or size, photography in areas which will interrupt or disrupt the visitor experience, and photography that requires access to areas off limit to visitors, is outside normal hours of operation, or that requires assistance of Edison Ford staff or volunteers.
Photo sessions for weddings, special occasions, and commercial photography or filming, are allowed only by appointment. A 7 day notice along with a fee is required. Click the links below for more information.