The historic winter homes, acres of botanic gardens, museum, laboratory, Garden Shoppe and Museum Store are open from 9 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. daily. The last ticket is sold at 4:30p.m. There is no charge for parking and we do have accommodations for buses and recreational vehicles.
Health and Safety
The well-being of our visitors and staff is our top priority. Following federal and state guidelines:
- Staff are wearing protective masks
- Bathrooms and touch surfaces are receiving enhanced cleanings
- Social distancing measures have been implemented
- Occupancy has been limited and traffic patterns altered in certain areas
- We encourage all visitors to purchase tickets online for self-guided tours (guided tours must be purchased in the museum store ticket office)
- We encourage all visitors to follow current C.D.C. guidance, including maintaining social distancing and wearing a mask
- Masks are required for visitors on all guided tours, while indoors, and during special events.
Edison Ford App
Visitors can enjoy engaging audio narration by downloading our free app, which also contains historic photos and interesting facts. For a seamless experience, we recommend downloading the app before visiting (Android users click here, iOS/Apple users click here). Alternatively, visitors may listen to the audio tour by calling a phone number while touring the site; ample signage is also located throughout the property.
Edison Ford Shoppe at the Edison Mall
For visitors to the Edison Mall (also located in Fort Myers), an Edison Ford Shoppe is now open, and an antique 1919 Model T Ford and piano are on display. The store is located next to Dillard’s and features artwork, souvenirs, clothing, kids’ games, books, kitchen items and Thomas Edison and Henry Ford signature collector’s items. Call (239) 931 – 5351 to reach the Edison Ford Shoppe at the Edison Mall.