Health and Safety
The well-being of our visitors and staff is our top priority. Following federal and state guidelines:
- Staff are wearing protective masks
- Bathrooms and touch surfaces are receiving enhanced cleanings
- Social distancing measures have been implemented
- Occupancy has been limited and traffic patterns altered in certain areas
- We encourage all visitors to purchase tickets online for self-guided tours (guided tours must be purchased in the museum store ticket office). Visitors with reciprocal membership benefits must show membership card from participating organization at ticket desk for self-guided admission.
- We encourage all visitors to follow current C.D.C. guidance, including maintaining social distancing and wearing a mask
- Masks are required for visitors on all guided tours, while indoors, and during special events.
Edison Ford App
Visitors can enjoy engaging audio narration by downloading our free app, which also contains historic photos and interesting facts. For a seamless experience, we recommend downloading the app before visiting (Android users click here, iOS/Apple users click here). Alternatively, visitors may listen to the audio tour by calling a phone number while touring the site; ample signage is also located throughout the property.
Edison Ford Shoppe at the Edison Mall
For visitors to the Edison Mall (also located in Fort Myers), an Edison Ford Shoppe is now open, and an antique 1919 Model T Ford and piano are on display. The store is located next to Dillard’s and features artwork, souvenirs, clothing, kids’ games, books, kitchen items and Thomas Edison and Henry Ford signature collector’s items. Call (239) 931 – 5351 to reach the Edison Ford Shoppe at the Edison Mall.
- Open 363 days a year, closed Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
- Guided tours are in English; self-guided tours are available in English, German, Spanish and French via the Edison Ford app.
- We recommend planning for at least 90 minutes to see the site.
- Trained service animals are welcome on site! All other animals, including comfort and support animals, are not permitted.
- Wheelchairs are available at no cost, on a first-come, first-served basis.
- ADA accessible with parking located at Edison Ford entrance.
- Visitor parking is always free. Spaces are available for RVs and buses.
- Access to the public Garden Shoppe and Museum Store areas is always free.
- Military veterans receive $2 off (limit two tickets), and a 10% discount on items in the Museum Store year-round.
- Site maps are available in English, German, French, Spanish and Chinese.
- To preserve our historic site, smoking and vaping are not permitted.
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
Photography for personal use is encouraged everywhere on site except where explicitly noted. Please note:
- Photos and videos taken on site may not be used for commercial purposes.
- Drones may not be used on site and aerial photography is not permitted.
- Tripods may be used but must not impede visitor flow—they may not be set up on walkways, inside of buildings, or on the porches of historic structures.
- Video or audio recording of tours or presentations are not permitted.
- Any of the following constitutes a photo session, which must be booked in advance: the use of a paid professional photographer, the use of any photography equipment other than a camera and tripod, changes of clothing or props of any type or size, photography in areas which will interrupt or disrupt the visitor experience, and photography that requires access to areas off limit to visitors, is outside normal hours of operation, or that requires assistance of Edison Ford staff or volunteers.
Photo sessions for weddings, special occasions, and commercial photography or filming, are allowed only by appointment. A 7 day notice along with a fee is required. Click the links below for more information.