Coronavirus Precautions: What You Should Know
March 10, 2020
Please note: This information has been updated. Read the most recent information here.
Your well-being is our top priority. We are from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., seven days a week, and are following guidance from the U.S Centers for Disease Control (CDC) regarding coronavirus. To protect visitors, staff and volunteers at Edison and Ford Winter Estates, we have implemented precautionary measures:
- Additional hand sanitizer dispensers in common areas.
- Increased sanitation products, training, and procedures for staff and volunteer work areas.
- Increased sanitation of door handles, railings, counter tops and other common areas.
- Closing an hour early each day to allow for additional cleaning.
The CDC recommends everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, including:
- Avoid close contact with people, especially those who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Follow CDC’s recommendations for using a face mask. Face masks should be used by people who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of the disease to others.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
Any changes to this information will be communicated quickly, and this page will be updated as needed. If you have any questions, please call (239) 334 – 7419. We hope you enjoy your visit.