One of our favorite programs at Edison Ford is our season of tours to a select group of cities with some very unique museums, gardens and historical sties. For the 2016 - 2017 season we have a very exciting list of destinations! This is a great way to learn about Florida history, science and culture firsthand as we often provide insider and behind the scenes experiences through our staff and colleagues at the sites we visit.
Director's Tour intinerary for 2016-2017:
- November 12, 2016 - Fairchild Botanical Garden - Coral Gables
- December 10, 2016 - Henry Flagler Museum and Ann Norton Sculpture Gardens - Palm Beach
- January 7, 2017 - Everglades Museum, Historic Rod & Gun Club, Ted Smallwood Store and Private Airboat Ride with Captain Mitch - Everglades City
- February 25, 2017 - Miami, Montgomery Botanical Garden and Homestead Nurseries (orchids, fruit trees)
- March 18, 2017 - Marie Selby Botanical Gardens and Historic Spanish Point - Sarasota
Check back for dates and specific details for the different destinations. Cost for each trip: Edison Ford Members $105; non-members or the general public $125. To sign up or for more information, please contact Nancy Achter at 239-334-7419 or email at email@example.com.
Coming Up: February 25, 2017- Miami, Montgomery Botanical Garden and Homestead Nurseries
Montgomery Botanical Garden is a non-profit botanic garden that was established in 1959 and keeps living specimens from wild plant populations worldwide. Colonel Robert H. Montgomery was not only a lawyer and accountant but an avid plant lover. He also founded Fairchild Gardens. A private educational tour will be provided of this 120 acre collection, which has the largest and finest private collection of palms and cycads in the world. We will also visit local nurseries so you may purchase tropical plants, and other items for your personal garden.
To register call 239-334-7419 or e-mail NAchter@edisonfordwinterestates.org.