Educating Through the 21st Century
Science, history and the arts are all combined in the education programs of the Edison & Ford Winter Estates. Following the legacy of the two famous entrepreneurs, there are unlimited opportunities for discovery, invention and innovation. All education programming follows the Sunshine State Standard curriculum.
Classes, summer camps and demonstration programs are offered throughout the site including the newly restored historic Edison Caretaker's House, the outdoor garage at the Edison Caretaker's House, inside the Museum galleries and throughout the historic gardens.
The Edison Ford Wild Wizard is available to students and teachers through the monthly online video lesson, outreach programs into the schools for assemblies or classroom instruction, and conference opportunities just for teachers to learn how to find the fun while teaching science. Home School students are offered monthly classes taught by the Wild Wizard on a variety of subjects using Sunshine State Standard curriculum.
Call 239-334-7419 to learn more about our "Educating Through the 21st Century" programs.
- Young Inventors
- Edison Ford Badge Programs
- Edison Ford Home School Programs
- Etiquette Classes at Edison Ford
- Emerging Inventors Early Learning Classes
- Edison Ford Junior Naturalist Program
- Edison Ford Inventor's Summer Camp
- Winter and Spring Break Camps
- Drawing In The Garden: Botanical Illustration
- Leoma Lovegrove Classes at Edison Ford
- Scarf Art Workshop with Marie Dyer
- Community Projects