Visitor Information, Hours, & Directions
- Guided and Self Guided Tours with Audio Wands available (English, German, Spanish and French) - See below for tour options
- Service animals are the only animals permitted on property
- Wheel chairs are available on a first come, first served basis
- ADA accessible with parking located at Edison Ford entrance
- Bus & RV parking available
- Wear comfortable walking shoes - guided tours are approximately one mile and 60 minutes in length
- Picnic area available with tables
- Museum Store
- Garden Shoppe
- Historic Cottage Shoppe
- Edison Ford Guidebooks are available with ticket purchase for additional $3.00
- Site maps available in English, German, French, Spanish, and Chinese
- Smoking is not permitted on historical grounds
Guest Safety is Our First Priority
- Tours and access to the west side (Homes & Gardens) of the Edison Ford may be canceled in the event of inclement weather.
- In the event of inclement weather, Edison Ford Security will assist you to shelter.
- In the event you have purchased Complete Estates Tour tickets and the weather changes, please have your ticket signed by a staff member for free admission to use on an alternative day.
Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas
General Admission - Daily
Complete Estates Audio Tour - Daily
Historian Tour - Daily
Museum & Laboratory Visit - Daily
Reciprocating Museum Organizations And Discounts
- American Horticultural Society (AHS)
- North American Reciprocal Museums (NARM)
- Partner Place for the National Trust for Historic Preservation
- Time Travelers
- Free Admission to Active Military with ID
- Blue Star Museums
Edison Ford accepts US currency, checks, Traveler’s Checks, and all major credit cards. Edison Ford Guidebooks are available for $3.00 at the time of ticket purchase. Maps of the Edison & Ford Winter Estates in various languages are available at no charge.
(Approximate in hours)
- Tallahassee 6 ½
- Jacksonville 5 ½
- Key West 5
- Miami 2 ½
- Naples ¾
- Orlando 3 ½
- Sarasota 1 ½
- St. Petersburg 2
- Tampa 2
- Venice 1
The Florida Department of Transportation’s (FDOT) free Southwest Florida 511 Travel Information Service provides information about traffic conditions. Covering I-75 and other major roads in Charlotte, Lee and Collier counties.
Dialing 511 provides users with information about congestion, construction and lane closures, severe weather and incidents affecting traffic conditions. Callers can also access information about the region’s three transit agencies and the Southwest Florida International Airport.
For more information about our Hours, Info & Directions contact the Edison & Ford Winter Estates at 239-334-7419.