Visitor Services and Retail Cashier 1
TO APPLY E-MAIL LETTER OF INTEREST & RESUME TO: email@example.com
VISITOR SERVICES AND RETAIL CASHIER I
This position provides the initial contact to visitors at the ticket counter, as well as visitor communication and service in retail areas. This position requires excellent communication skills as well as a pleasant and interested personality. It also requires using a point of sale inventory control system for guest transactions, and requires handling large amounts of cash and credit card transactions. The cashier will be assigned to work in the Museum Store, Ticket Office, Garden Shoppe or Ford Cottage.
The Estates is open 7 days a week year-round with evening hours during the holidays and other special events throughout the year. Regular public daytime hours are 9 AM - 5:30 PM with tickets sold until 4 PM and retail until 5:30 PM. This position will serve those hours and will average 20 -29 hours per week.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Courteously and efficiently provide assistance to visitors in a variety of tasks including eye contact, initial welcome greeting, communicating ticket options, selling memberships and giving tour information.
- It is expected that every visitor will be greeted in a friendly and welcoming manner and that retail positions include mingling with customers rather than just 'sitting behind the desk' unless transactions are underway.
- Successfully manages and balances a cash drawer with large amounts of cash.
- Reconcile daily receipts without discrepancy, close out computers and run reports.
- Count and verify cash drawer at beginning of shift, count and verify drawer and prepare deposit at end of shift (always done under the supervision of a Visitor Services Associate Supervisor or the Retail Manager).
- Stock and arrange the retail area with merchandise and printed materials.
- Clean and maintain the work area and sales floor throughout the workday.
- Maintain a clean, organized and efficient work area throughout the workday.
- Ensure customer satisfaction in Ticket office, Museum Store, Ford Cottage and Garden Shoppe.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities but must be able to work as a team with other visitor services staff, managers, marketing and membership staff and volunteers.
- High School diploma or GED.
- At least six months sales experience and/or on-the-job training.
- Able to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Able to operate necessary equipment, including personal computer, mainframe terminal, calculator, copier, facsimile machine and other standard office equipment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Occasionally required to stand for lengthy periods; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Contact with internal and external customers, vendors, outside agencies and the general public.
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and extreme heat.
- May be required to work hours other than the regular schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays.