The Edison & Ford Winter Estates is committed to making its facilities and programs accessible to all visitors. With more than 200,000 visitors a year the Edison & Ford Winter Estates is a busy site. The site is available to pedestrian visitors and is also ADA accessible. Wheelchairs are available on a first come first serve basis. While motorized wheelchairs are permitted, the site allows no motorized vehicles including trams, Segways, or golf carts, nor recreational vehicles such as bicycles, skateboards or roller blades/skates.
- Wheelchair accessible parking spaces are available.
- Accessible pathways in selected areas (see the highlighted areas on the site map).
Wheelchair accessible buildings
- Ticket Office, Museum Store and Estates Museum (access through museum door by Botanical Laboratory)
- Botanical Laboratory (access through rear door of museum)
- Edison’s Caretaker’s Cottage back porch
- Little Office & view of Moonlight Garden
- Seminole Lodge porches
- Ford Garage & Public Restrooms
- The Mangoes (back porch via ramp at southern end)
- Ford Cottage Shoppe
- Public Restrooms
Wheelchair accessible Estates tours
- Complete Estates Tour
- Family Tour
- Group Tours
- Historian Tour
- Museum and Laboratory Visit
- Amplified audio wands are available upon request.
- A written script of the Complete Estates Tour is available upon request.
- Closed captioning is provided for the majority of TVs in exhibit gallery areas.
- Our website is accessible to screen readers and other assistive devices.
- Increase the size of text and images by pressing the “control” or “command” key and the “+” key on your keyboard.