The Edison & Ford Winter Estates is committed to making its facilities and programs accessible to all visitors. With more than 220,000 visitors a year the Edison & Ford Winter Estates is a busy site. The site is available to pedestrian visitors and is also ADA accessible. Wheelchairs are available for loan on a first-come, first-serve basis. While motorized wheelchairs are permitted, the site allows no motorized vehicles including trams, Segways, or golf carts, nor recreational vehicles such as bicycles, skateboards, hoverboards, or roller blades/skates.
- Wheelchair accessible parking spaces are available.
- Accessible pathways in selected areas (see the highlighted areas on the site map).
Wheelchair accessible buildings
- Ticket Office, Museum Store and Estates Museum (access through museum door by Botanical Laboratory)
- Botanical Laboratory (access through rear door of museum)
- Edison’s Caretaker’s Cottage back porch
- Little Office & view of Moonlight Garden
- Seminole Lodge porches
- Ford Garage & Public Restrooms
- The Mangoes (back porch via ramp at southern end)
- Ford Cottage Shoppe
- Public Restrooms
Wheelchair accessible Estates tours
- Complete Estates Tour
- Family Tour
- Group Tours
- Historian Tour
- Museum and Laboratory Visit
- Amplified audio wands are available upon request.
- A written script of the Complete Estates Tour is available upon request.
- Closed captioning is provided for the majority of TVs in exhibit gallery areas.
- Our website is accessible to screen readers and other assistive devices.
- Increase the size of text and images by pressing the “control” or “command” key and the “+” key on your keyboard.